Admin and Finance Officer
Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places. With a network of experienced professionals in more than 40 countries, we partner with local communities to put bold ideas into action to help people recover, overcome hardship and build better lives – now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has worked in Myanmar since 2008 and is focused on food security; market development; energy access; conflict resolution; and local governance.
Mercy Corps in Myanmar invites interested Myanmar nationals for the following position.
Admin and Finance Officer
(Vacancy Announcement No. MC-VA-420917)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, 18 September 2017 (Before 5:00pm)
Duty Station : Mandalay
Number of Opening(s) : 1
Duration : 1 Year
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Mandalay, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Admin and Finance Officer will assist in the accounting and documentation of all financial transactions in timely and accurate manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions
· Prepare Test report and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented.
· Review Employee Expense Reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment.
· Perform cash count in every week and month producing Bank Account Ledger Entry Detail report and Field Connection Batch History Detail Report from Navigator.
· Submit weekly and monthly bank statement to Yangon Office.
· Record payment transactions daily in Navigator.
· Follow up unclear cash advance monthly after receiving aging advance report from Senior Finance Officer.
· Prepare wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and submit to Admin and Finance Officer in Yangon for processing.
· File all cash vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded.
· Assist in monitoring visit to partners organization and joint field monitoring visit with program team if necessary.
· Make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to MC procedures.
· Review individual timesheets before send to HR at the end of the month.
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
· Assist the Senior Finance Officer in responding to audit inquiries.
· Support Program team in Mandalay Office in related with Finance matter by visiting Mandalay Office once a week.
· Other duties as assigned.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Senior Finance Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Finance Coordinator, Admin, HR, Procurement and Logistics Team, Program Team.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: