Administration and Logistics Officer (Loikaw, Kayah)
- A minimum of three years experience in operational support functions with a humanitarian non-governmental organization or international organization.
- Experience in setting up and managing administration and logistics management systems.
- Ability to work effectively and transparently with local suppliers and vendors.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
- Knowledge of local language desirable.
- Excellent negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication, organizational, prioritization and computer skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Dealing with local authorities for expatriates’ travel approval and permission, arranging accommodation and transportation, etc. in collaboration with YGN administration team.
- Act as an official liaison between Mercy Corps and local authorities, organizations, NGO’s and other partners.
- Establish an effective filling system, both hard-copy and soft-copy, of all administrative documentation, in particular mails in & out, travel permits, lease, contracts, etc.
- Prepare and submit monthly cash flow projection for Administration & Logistics to Finance department in a timely manner.
- Daily coordination of local procurement activities requested per approved purchase request for operational or programmatic needs.
- Use of procurement paperwork including Purchase Request, Request for Quotations, Purchase Order, Bid Analysis, and Payment Request per field procurement manual in collaboration with YGN procurement team.
- Ensure procurement files are maintained in an orderly and up-to-date system, as per MC standards.
- Have a clear understanding of the MC procurement policy and assist in advising program and office management on required practices and procedures, including conducting staff training as needed.
- Reads and has clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Field Asset Manual and all procedures.
- Work as a focal person for controlling and recording Asset for all projects in the Loikaw office.
- Regularly updates asset register with changes and new acquisitions in collaboration with YGN logistics officer.
- Maximum every six months review and physically crosscheck the Asset Register with the assets to ensure the asset tags are available on the assets and update the assets condition – depreciation if applicable.
- Read and has clear understanding of the Mercy Corps Field Fleet Manual and all procedures.
- Ensure that all vehicles are safe and road-worthy.
- Ensure that all vehicles have proper on-board vehicle documentation. Maintain administrative vehicle files for each vehicle.
- Overall responsibility for scheduling/posting drivers and vehicles for office activities and international staff in Loikaw office.
- Continuous tracking of vehicle log-sheets; responsible for monthly compilation of fuel consumptions.
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs. Maintain and plan vehicle movement on board daily.
- Oversee the monthly procedure of timesheets, leave requests and medical claims for all Loikaw staff including collection and review and correcting them properly in coordination with MC Yangon HR Officer.
A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.