Finance Officer (Loikaw,Kayah)
SCOPE OF WORK AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Senior Finance Officer, the Finance Officer will assist in the accounting and documentation of all financial transactions in timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain custody of the office cash fund and make daily payments of approved transactions.
- Prepare cash payment vouchers and ensure that all cash transactions are fully and properly documented.
- Review Employee Expense Reports (travel expense reports and operational expense reports) for accuracy and completeness and ensure that expense reports have been fully approved before payment.
- Perform cash count in every week and month producing Bank Account Ledger Entry Detail report and Field Connection Batch History Detail Report from Navigator.
- Submit weekly and monthly bank statement to Yangon Office.
- Record payment transactions daily in Navigator.
- Follow up uncleared cash advance monthly after receiving aging advance report from Senior Finance Officer.
- Prepare wire transfer requests based on fully approved documents and submit to Finance Officer in Yangon for processing.
- File all cash vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded.
- Assist in monitoring visit to partners organization and joint field monitoring visit with program team if necessary.
- Make sure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to MC procedures.
- Review individual timesheets before send to HR at the end of the month.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Assist the Senior Finance Officer in responding to audit inquiries.
- Two or more years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, including experience with double-entry accounting
- A degree in accounting or a relevant business field
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with computerized, double-entry accounting software, more preferable of experience in using Navigator Software
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to detail
- Good oral and written English skills
- Familiarity with multi-cultural workforce
A clear understanding of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Mercy Corps and donor policies and procedures is essential. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.