Mercy Corps is a leading global humanitarian agency saving and improving lives in the world’s toughest places. With a network of experienced professionals in more than 40 countries, we partner with local communities to put bold ideas into action to help people recover, overcome hardship and build better lives – now, and for the future. Mercy Corps has worked in Myanmar since 2008 and is focused on food security; market development; energy access; conflict resolution; and local governance.
Mercy Corps in Myanmar invites interested Myanmar nationals for the following position.
(Vacancy Announcement No. MC-VA-430917)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday, 18 September 2017 (Before 5:00pm)
Duty Station : Yangon
Number of Opening(s) : 1
Duration : 1 Year
Administration Department in Mercy Corps Myanmar is a part of Mercy Corps Program. Administration Department assists in ensuring the smooth flowing of routine of Administrative works in Mercy Corps Yangon office and Program support operation. The department exists to support the activity of Mercy Corps Myanmar to achieve its objectives in Myanmar in adhere with organization mission and vision. It has several main tasks which cover Office maintenance, Administration, Travel, and Security. The goal of this department is to ensure daily activities related to Mercy Corps program run smoothly in accordance with the organization’s rules and regulations.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the head of administration, to be the focal person and act as the first face of Mercy Corps to receive the visitors/guests at the reception desk for business meetings/appointments in conjunction with the MC staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- To perform in the role as the focal person of receptionist plus some administration tasks assigned by the supervisor based on the position description
- Answer and transfer telephone calls professionally and highly quality manner
- Welcome visitors and be responsible for reception procedure; Greet and Receive all visitors, suppliers, etc.
- Take the message and dispatch to the respective employee;
- Be informed about visitors working in the office so that they can be reached when being called;
- To response in business manner towards all queries by phone;
- Be the focal point for receiving the parcels/ postal bags/deliveries between HQ and MC country office and filed offices as well, then record and pass the deliveries to the addressed department/ staff
- Maintain and regularly distribute current contact list of all staff and constant companion on monthly basic under guidance by Operations manager.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards and visitor lists– keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance
- Administer incoming & outgoing fax & mail, scanning and copying documents upon request and urgency
- Handle petty cash, small purchase and expense, make settlements with receipts as needed
- Coordinating with cleaner to make our office a clean and healthy place as per the check list under the supervision by Admin Officer.
- Prepare the PR for the purchase of administrative needs such as monthly mobile topup cards, kitchen utensils, sundries, and consumables
- Assisting the Admin Officer with updating the office inventory list periodically
- Take some tasks- hand over such as travel arrangements etc from Admin officer assistant while s/he is absent under close supervision by Senior Admin Officer.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Myanmar.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Admin Officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: MC Team members in Yangon Office
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree holder with at least 1 year previous experience in as similar position with an International Organization;
- Good in written and spoken English;
- Candidate should possess patience, enthusiasm, organizational skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines
- Work independently and cooperatively with team members is required.
- Computer literate with reporting skills are required.
- Experiences in the same field as receptionist and administration are MUST and experience in Travel arrangement will be one of the advantages
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application letter and current CV with complete contact details and three referees and copy of any testimonies, in a sealed envelope indicating apply position with vacancy announcement number to:
Human Resources Department
No. (97), 5th and 6th floor of Rangoun Business Center
West Shwe Gon Daing Road,
Bahan Township,Yangon, Myanmar.
Phone – 01 8603041
OR email to